Register for a FREE account!
Registered users get:
- Unlimited Searches on School Guide
- Our A* Monthly newsletter
To celebrate Children's Book Week (7-11 October), we're giving away £100 of book tokens to the school with the most LIKES on their School Guide page.
All you have to do is follow these three simple steps:
1. Search for your child's school via name, location or postcode on School Guide
2. When you land on the school data page, press LIKE (under the school name) to LIKE THIS SCHOOL
3. The school with the most LIKES by 31st October will receive £100 of national book tokens to spend on their library. Email [email protected] by the closing date if you think your school has the most likes and should be bagging the books.
If you need some inspiration on what to put on your library shelves, lovely reading charity Booktrust published a definitive list this week of books every child should read before they are 14. Tigers, peaches and cats in hats make the must-read line up for 0-5 years while the oldest children (12-14 years) should tick off Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games and Alex Rider's Stormbreaker according to Booktrust. There were also top titles for 6-8 years (including classics The Famous Five and A Bear Called Paddington) and Skellig, Matilda and Stig for 9-11 years. An article in the Guardian argued the list should be called, "100 great books to read at any time, but especially as a child" as so many adults would enjoy reading these stories too.
So if your child loves books, click LIKE.